Welcome to the Safeguarding section of our website. Please feel free to browse the various documents and links within this area.
Nothing is more important to us than the safety and welfare of our pupils. We take rigorous steps to ensure that children stay safe and do not come to any harm. We work closely with parents / carers and a range of professional external agencies in order to secure this.
Lincolnshire have a safeguarding children’s board – LSCB - who deal with all serious child protection concerns where a child is considered to be at risk of significant harm. Their website can be accessed at
If you suspect or believe a child is suffering, or is likely to suffer, significant harm (including any form of mistreatment or abuse) you should ALWAYS report your concerns.
In an emergency always dial 999. If there is no immediate danger to the child, or if you need some advice or information, you can contact the Children Services Customer Service Centre (CSC) on 01522 782111. If it is outside normal office hours you can contact the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 01522 782333
If you have any concerns, no matter how small they may seem, about the safety or welfare of any child, please contact the school's Designated Lead for Child Protection, Mrs J Jameson, Head Teacher, or in her absence, Mrs. A. Luffman, Key Stage 1 Lead/SLT or Mrs L Wood, Key Stage 2 Lead/SLT.
Quadring Cowley and Brown's Primary School are committed to regular Safeguarding Professional Development and all staff complete 3 Safeguarding modules via e-learning on the LSCB professionals portal.
Staff who can be approached over any safeguarding concern who have completed the 2-day inter-agency Safeguarding training with LSCB.
The Prevent Strategy
Prevent is part of CONTEST, the Government’s strategy to address terrorism. The main aim of Prevent is to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. Prevent focuses on all forms of terrorist threats. E.g. international terrorism, far right extremists (among others).
The Government’s Prevent strategy can be found at the following address: www.homeoffice.gov.uk
Three key themes
- Safeguarding vulnerable individuals through the provision of advice and support and intervention projects.
- Working closely with institutions such as Universities, Schools, Prisons, Health, Charities and faith establishments.
- Challenging terrorist ideology by working closely with other local and national agencies, partners and our communities
The Prevent Engagement Team of officers and police staff aim to encourage discussion ensuring that terrorism is prevented from taking root in our communities. They support the wider engagement activities already taking place in schools, places of worship and community groups. Through this work they aim to strengthen communities in order to challenge the ideologies and messages of hate which lead to terrorism.
How you can help?
It is important that we all work together, so that we can protect our communities. There are many ways you can help.
The police, Local Authorities, and our partner organisations are working together to help strengthen and empower our communities to reject those who want to cause harm. We work together and focus on three key themes:
- You can get in touch with your local neighbourhood or Prevent team for advice and support, if you are worried about someone you know who you believe may be vulnerable to radicalisation
- You can speak to your local officers or Prevent contact about helping run community events to bring people from different communities together
- You can provide facilities that could help us and our partners hold community engagement events.