Post: 1:1 Support Assistant, this post is a job share and would require 5 mornings (09:00-12:00) or 5 afternoons per week (12.00-15:00)
Closing date for applications: Midday, Tuesday 26th June 2018
Interviews; Monday 2nd July 2018
Salary: £9.30 per hour
Hours: 15 hours p/w
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated one to one support assistant to work with a child who will be starting in our Reception class from September 2018. The role will primarily be to provide enhanced provision for an individual child who currently has an EHCP in place.
The child you will be supporting has medical, physical and sensory needs and requires support to access both the indoor and outdoor learning environments enabling him to integrate with his peers and access the curriculum as fully as possible.
The role will involve:
- Using “Sign Supported English” to support and develop communication;
- Working 1:1 with the child to provide support for their additional needs and enhance their development;
- Handling and using the child’s medical equipment on a daily basis;
- Liaising with the child’s parents, class teacher, SENMan and the SENCO;
- Working in partnership with a range of external agencies;
- Facilitating the implementation of the child’s individual targets.
We need someone who:
- Has experience of supporting pupils with medical and/or physical needs;
- Is resilient and able to cope with the physical demands that this post will bring;
- Works in a calm, caring and supportive manner;
- Can recognise that children need to develop independence to allow them to build on life skills;
- Can work as part of a team with patience and positivity;
- Can excellent understanding of child development and the Early Years profile;
- Has a sense of humour.
We can offer you:
- A caring school environment with a curriculum based on hands-on learning and real experiences
- A fun, team atmosphere where everyone’s views are valued
- Training and support for professional development in order to deliver your role well
- Enthusiastic, happy children who are eager to learn
An application pack may be downloaded below.