We have included the Government vulnerable category lists below.
If you consider your child to be placed on this list please follow the guidance given and inform the school should you decide that you will follow the social distancing measures for vulnerable people that are due to take effect from this weekend.
We continue to monitor the situation to ensure the school remains a safe environment for all students and staff. Please do not hesitate to contact the school should you have any questions or concerns.
- Under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below (ie anyone instructed to get a flu jab as an adult each year on medical grounds)
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), a learning disability or cerebral palsy
- Problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- A weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- Being seriously overweight (a BMI of 40 or above)
- Those who are pregnant