During this particularly difficult and uncertain time it is always good to check if you are entitled to any additional support from the Government if you are struggling financially.
The Pupil Premium grant is a grant allocated to schools to support pupils, whose families may need help and support due to all sorts of circumstances and meet the Government criteria. Part of this grant is for children who are eligible for Pupil Premium Free School Meals and could receive Free School Meals during their time in school (as long as they remain eligible).
This can be applied for at any time of the year as it is dependent on circumstances and we know that personal circumstances can change at any time particularly at the current time.
If you feel that your child may be eligible for Pupil Premium Free School Meals then please read the criteria below and go to the online Parent Portal to check if this is the case. It does not affect anything by checking or applying. Your application will only be successful if you as a family meet the criteria. It will be a simple yes of no after the application has been checked.
If you are successful you will be notified directly and we as a school will also be notified.
It is worth checking. Please find attached the Lincolnshire County Council information and guidance.
Apply for free school meals
Get extra funding for your school
If you receive any benefits, you should tell your school as they can get extra funding to support your child called the Pupil Premium grant. These benefits include:
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly can also get free school meals.
All you need to do is follow the link below and create an account using your email address on the online Parent Portal :
Please note that Free School Meals through Pupil Premium Grant Funding is not the same as Universal Infant Free School Meals.
If you have questions or would like further information please contact Mrs Jameson or Mrs Rycroft-Jones at school.