Welcome to the Quadring PTA (Parents Teachers Association) section of the website.
Quadring Cowley and Brown’s Primary School's Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is actively involved in the life of the school. All staff, parents and carers at the school are always welcome to attend meetings and get involved in social events and fund-raising activities.
The object of the PTA is to advance the education of the pupils at the school in the following ways:
- By developing effective relationships between the staff, parents, and others associated with the school
- By engaging in events and providing facilities or equipment which support the school and advance the education of the pupils.
- Helping ensure that the children have fun and enjoy their time at Quadring Cowley and Brown’s through social events and other PTA sponsored activities.
The PTA is a registered charity. The PTA Committee, which includes parents, staff and governors, is elected by members annually and is responsible for decisions relating to the Association and its funds.
The Quadring PTA committee members for 20/21 academic year are:
The PTA's Constitution, which is approved by the Charities Commission, is available below
PTA Upcoming Events - Dates for your diaries!
- We have joined the Big PTA Raffle Summer Raffle 2021, so keep checking the school newsletter for information on when tickets are available for purchase and how to buy them!
- A questionnaire will soon be sent out to parents to help us discover how much parents and carers understand about the work that Friends of the School do and what we contribute towards school.
What the PTA/FOS have fully or partially funded to help with the school.
The FOS helped to fund several things for the children of Quadring school, through our fundraising we have been able to donate £2000 for new books for the children, helped to fund the Mr Bubbleworks Science day that took place in school on 4th November 2020, provide the Year 6 with school leavers hoodies, fund the school’s Purple Mash subscription, and helped to fund a new screen for in the Orchard classroom. We have set goals in conjunction with the school as to what to fundraise for next in school, with the main goal of creating an outdoor classroom and learning space for all the children to be able to use. We look forward to being able to organise more fundraising events once we can and keep all parents informed as to our progress.
Photo highlights from this years PTA/FOS events
The FOS ran an Easter competition to decorate an egg, with teachers in school choosing the winners. Well done to all the children who entered, and congratulations to the winners from each year group! Here are some of the amazing entries we had: